Please read this Policy carefully, because by using the Site, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy, and consent to the manner in which we may collect, use and disclose the foregoing information.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. It will notify you of the following:
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information You Provide to Us
- We only have access to and collect personal information such as name, company, contact number and emails and other data collected through our secured survey portals (collectively, “Personal Information”) that you voluntarily give us via email or through the completion of our surveys. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We are the sole owners of the Personal Information collected on this Site.
Information Collected by Automated Means
- Whenever you use the Site, we may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, how many users visited the Site, and the website you visited immediately before the Site. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. Usage Information helps us to keep the Site fresh and interesting to our visitors and to tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- In the course of collecting Usage Information we may also collect your IP address or other unique identifier (each a “Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit the Sites, we may view your Device Identifier. We use this information to identify repeat visitors to our Site.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze activity on our site and to understand how users use our site so as to enhance the user experience. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics, Click Here.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will also use your information as follows:
- A user may need to first complete a registration form to use the Site. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our Site for which you have expressed interest.
- We may request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (such as name, email, organization name) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this contact information to contact you.
- We collect compensation and human resource program data from participating organizations. All information collected is analyzed, and summarized data is provided in confidential reports. All organizations are required to review and agree to our standards terms and conditions prior to starting a survey submission. For standard terms and conditions, Click Here.
- Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services, or changes to this Policy.
Do We Share Your Information?
We will not trade, rent, share or sell your Personal Information to third parties.
Unless you ask or provide your consent to do so, we will not share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization, other than with our service providers, including as necessary to fulfill your request (e.g., to complete an order). Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or survey analyst) are granted access to Personal Information. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment. All Website and data storage remains in Canada.
We will disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena.
Your Privacy Rights — Access to and Control Over Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at the email address or phone number given on our Site. We do not charge for this service, and your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our Site:
- See what data we have about you; if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
What Steps Do We Take to Protect Your Information?
We take measures designed to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information we process and maintain. All Website and data storage remains in Canada. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
This Policy and the privacy practices of Benchmarket will be subject exclusively to the laws of Canada.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com